Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today's My Birthday!

As a Jew, I observe Rosh Hashanah as a chance to set goals for the New Year.
As an American, I observe January 1st as a chance to set goals for the New Year.
As a coach, I observe every day as a chance to set goals for a New Year.

Of course, today is my birthday, and it's another terrific opportunity.

When I work with my clients on behavioral change, we usually break it down into three categories:

Start
Stop
Continue

Here's mine for my "Double Chai"* birthday:

Start: Writing thank you notes more consistently
Stop: Hoarding my frequent flier miles -- and USE them
Continue: Not taking phone calls or checking emails when my kids come home from school

What would you like to START, STOP and CONTINUE?

Deborah
www.myjewishcoach.com
www.jewishorganizations.blogspot.com
www.myjewishcoach.blogspot.com

*Thanks to Debbi Roshfeld from UJC's Mandel Center for Leadership Excellence for framing my 36th birthday so Jewishly and beautifully!

No comments: